Saturday, May 1, 2010

Why Pay More?


Recently while trying to be my own mental 'fluffer' I was on the Internet checking up on my child 'I May Be a Stoner (But, I Ain't Fucking Stupid!)' when I found it listed on Langtoninfo.com for the ridiculous price of $25.12. This really got under my skin for a number of reasons.

I wasn't too thrilled with Tunecore/iTunes for not allowing me to give it the appropriate price of $5.99, (I am old school), which I feel a maxi-single should retail for and Langtoninfo.com is not listed as a licensed retailer of my music, so even if someone were foolish enough to pay that price for a CD copy, I am not getting any proceeds. After sending what remains to be an unanswered email to Langtoninfo.com, I followed one up with Tunecore inquiring about the discrepancy. Tunecore basically said they have nothing to do with it, despite the fact that I pay them for my distribution and it should be up to them to protect their artists' interests not to mention their own profits.

So this goes out to anyone who is even considering a CD copy of the disc. Amazon carries the CD for $8.98, which is the lowest I could get it to price.

If, by chance, you are reading this and you did buy a copy from Langoninfo.com, reply to this post and I will send you a link to forward a copy of your reciept. Once it is received I will send you a free CD of the tunes that are currently in production. This will be a rare item as I am not in the habit of letting my material go before completion and this offer will end once the new CD is finally completed.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who has bought and streamed the song. The support of all, (known and unknown), is graceiously appreciated.

Keep Smokin'

No comments: